According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons website, Josh Duggar’s 12 ½ year prison sentence has been extended by almost two months.
The 35-year-old disgraced reality star, who was convicted of child pornography in 2021, was originally scheduled to be released on August 12, 2032. Earlier this week, Duggar’s prison records showed that her release was pushed back to August. 22, 2032, to insiders. However, the records list his publication date as October 2, 2032.
The sentence is being extended because Duggar has reportedly remained in solitary confinement, where he was placed after he was allegedly caught with a smuggled cell phone last month. The “19 Kids and Counting” alum has been serving his sentence at the low-security federal prison FCI Seagoville near Dallas.
Duggar’s attorney and a representative for FCI Seagoville did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.
JOSH DUGGAR SEEN SMILING IN MUGSHOT PHOTO ACCUSED IN CHILD PORN COURT
Federal grand jury in Arkansas found Duggar guilty in December 2021 on charges related to receiving and possessing child pornography. He was sentenced to 151 months in prison last May. Duggar was transferred from the Washington County Jail in his home state of Arkansas to FCI Seagoville, Texas last June.
READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP
Duggar’s lawyers are trying to overturn his conviction. At a federal appeals court hearing in February, they argued that investigators violated his rights by seizing the phone he used to try to call his attorney while the images were being discovered.
Duggar was arrested in April 2021 after a Little Rock, Arkansas police detective discovered that a computer traced to Duggar was sharing child pornography files. Investigators testified that in 2019, images depicting the sexual abuse of children were downloaded to the computer of the retailer he owned.
Prosecutors said the computer Duggar was using had surveillance software that reported his activities to his wife. Anna Duggarbut the images and videos were uploaded after installing a separate software that allows him to upload items without being detected.
In addition, prosecutors said Duggar was free to leave the scene and told not to speak to agents without an attorney, and was also with two other people whose cellphones were not seized, indicating that “she had the opportunity to speak with an attorney despite apparently having been properly seized by officers at the beginning of his search for a phone.”
Duggar’s lawyers claimed, “What the federal agents did was they physically took the phone out of his hand, and from then on deprived him of the ability to communicate with his attorney, as was his constitutional right.”
Duggar appeared alongside her father, mother, nine brothers and nine sisters on the TLC reality series “19 Kids and Counting,” which ran from 2008 to 2015.
SUBSCRIBE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER BY CLICKING HERE
The allegations against Duggar date back to 2006, when authorities received a tip from a family friend accusing him of molesting his four siblings and a nanny years earlier. However, the investigation ended after it was determined that any charges had been time-barred.
The allegations resurfaced in 2015, leading to the cancellation of “19 Kids and Counting.” Duggar later apologized for marital infidelity and pornography addiction and sought treatment.
Fox News Digital’s Elizabeth Stanton and The Associated Press contributed to this report.